Winding Up for the Pitch (NYC)
On Thursday, April 20, watch student entrepreneurs give their “elevator pitch” at the thirteenth annual Pace Pitch Contest.
Traditions don’t start out that way—they just slowly happen, becoming incorporated and indispensable to the fabric of an institution. Now in its 13th year, the Entrepreneurship Lab’s Pace Pitch Contest is certainly approaching tradition status.
On Thursday, April 20, from 5:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m., stop by the Bianco Room to watch student entrepreneurs present their “elevator pitch” to a distinguished panel of judges, potential investors, and an enthusiastic audience. Historically, the Pace Pitch Contest is one of the more exciting student competition events of the year, as ambitious entrepreneurs compete for the top cash prize of $1,000, as well as a potential life-changing investment. The seven finalists include:
- >> Atmosphere VR: a virtual reality mobile application that will be used to improve the health and care of the elderly
- >> Fitness Dynasty: a subscription based fitness club
- >> Guide U: an on-demand platform that connects students for tutoring purposes
- >> LookAt U: an app that functions as a personal stylist, fashion consultant, digital fitting room, and shopping assistant
- >> Minute Mantra: a health and wellness application that helps enable mindfulness
- >> TouchDonation: a targeted and personalized charity donation app
- >> VAICAM Pi: an artificially intelligent security bundle designed to assist the elderly
Read more about each finalist on the Pace Pitch website.
The final hour of the contest will feature an awards ceremony and a networking session. From volunteering apps to marketing tools to applications intended to help individuals with physical disabilities, the Pace Pitch Contest routinely brings some of the most innovative ideas and dealmakers together for an evening of excitement.
To learn more, visit www.pace.edu/pitch.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
The NYPD is helping the Pace Community stay vigilant. We invite you to attend an emergency response training session on Wednesday, August 22, 2018.
NYPD Response Training (NYC)
We're kicking off the academic year right with Convocation 2018 in NYC and PLV. This year's speakers include Lubin Dean Neil Braun and award-winning author Imbolo Mbue.
Three Pace students were recently awarded the prestigious 2018 Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship, which will allow them to pursue their dreams overseas.
Setters Circle the World