ITS Connect: October 2019
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and important information from ITS.
Banner 8 is Being Retired
Banner 8 INB (Internet Native Banner) is being retired and will become permanently unavailable on Friday, October 18, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. At that time, the Internet Native Banner (INB) link will be removed from the MyPace Portal (portal.pace.edu).
Banner 9 admin pages provides all the same functionality as Banner 8 and that link will remain available on the MyPace Portal. To access Banner 9 admin pages, users can sign on to the MyPace Portal and select Banner from the left navigation menu.
Please note, all Banner Self-Service (SSB) access will remain unaffected.
To access Banner 9 training, please refer to the resources below:
- >> Banner 9: Training, video tutorials, and guides
- >> Banner 9: Accessing and navigating a page/form (quick start)
- >> Banner 9: Navigation overview and reference (PDF)
Lynda.com is now LinkedIn Learning
In 2015, LinkedIn acquired Lynda.com. Since then, the company has been working to incorporate all Lynda.com content into its own LinkedIn Learning platform. Recently, Pace University's Lynda.com accounts were migrated to LinkedIn Learning. The same great content from Lynda.cοm is delivered through an intuitive, new learning experience that's more personalized and easy-to-use.
It's important to emphasize that LinkedIn Learning is a separate service from LinkedIn. Therefore, you do not need to have a LinkedIn account in order to access LinkedIn Learning content. In addition, if you have an existing LinkedIn account, you do not have to associate it with your LinkedIn Learning account. However, to keep any existing history you had under Lynda.com, you will need to activate your LinkedIn Learning account by March of 2020. See steps below:
1. If you had any existing learning activity, playlists, or past history in your Lynda.com account, you just need to log in to your new LinkedIn Learning account before March of 2020 to validate your account and retain all your content. We recommend that you do this as soon as possible. Log in (MyPace Portal username and password required) and then, at the top, click the "Me" dropdown and review any migrated content saved under the "My Learning" section.
2. If you never logged in to Lynda.com or didn't have any content saved or in progress, then there is nothing that you need to do. However, we invite you to log in and explore the thousands of videos and courses available to you in a variety of categories.
For additional information about LinkedIn Learning (or other topics), please visit our IT Self-Help Center and search available articles.
For more ITS News, visit their webpage.
Pace professors are weighing in on the 2020 election, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and much more in this month's edition of Fit to Print.
Fit To Print: November 2020
From important Open Enrollment information to Employee Recognition, here's what's been happening on the human resources front. Stay informed!
What's Happening in HR: November 2020
On Thursday, November 19, join Pace President Marvin Krislov and Lubin Dean Lawrence Singleton as they welcome Noam Bardin, CEO of Waze and VP of Product at Google, for an illuminating conversation about innovation, tech, and much more.
A Conversation with the CEO of Waze