Summer Events 2019
Whether you’re spending the next two months in the cool breeze upstate or down by the Brooklyn Bridge, here are some fun things to do that are sure to spice up those slow days of summer.
New York City
1. Central Park SummerStage: One of the largest summer-long outdoor festivals in the country, Central Park’s SummerStage at Rumsey Playfield is widely considered one of the best entertainment offerings in the city. Most shows are free, and this summer’s lineup features everyone from the B-52s, to Guster, to Corinne Bailey Rae, to dozens of talented and eclectic acts.
2. Union Square Weekly Free Events: Union Square is the place to be this summer. Every Thursday now through August 8, "Summer in the Square" is bringing the public a series of free events. From pop-up yoga to live music, there is something for everyone.
3. Grand Bazaar NYC: Hone those haggling and thrifting skills as you peruse through the wares of local artists, designers, and vintage markets. Running every Sunday on the Upper West Side, this weekly market donates 100 percent of its profits to four local schools.
4. Queens International Night Market: Saturday nights in Flushing Meadows Corona Park is truly something special. From empanadas to pierogis to Trinidadian shark sandwiches, experience the flavors of the world in a borough that’s cultivated a unique flavor of its own.
5. Free Jazz on the Waterfront: For all the jazz lovers out there: Hudson River Park is bringing you a series of free live jazz performances all the west side piers. Grab a friend, head to the river, and enjoy the music.
1. Pleasantville Music Festival: The 15th annual Pleasantville Music Festival will be rocking out on July 13! Featuring Everclear, Soul Asylum, Aimee Mann, and more. The festival features 18 bands playing a full day of music across three stages.
2. Scarsdale Farmers Market: Every Thursday, from 11:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m, the Scarsdale Village Center’s outdoor farmer’s market will be featuring some of the finest specialty artisans from around the area. From small batch kombucha to inventive soaps, come check out the best of Westchester!
3. Sunset Jazz Concerts: The lawn at the historic Lyndhurst Mansion is hosting live jazz every Thursday evening, beginning July 11! The Sunset Jazz Series features notable musicians including Pablo Mayor Quintet. Camila Meza, and more.
4. Summer Late Nights at Jacob Burns: Head to the pristine Jacob Burns Film Center on select summer evenings for late-night special screenings of some recent classics—beginning July 13, with a special 20th anniversary screening of Office Space. If you could, umm, be at Jacob Burns at around 9:00 p.m., that would be great, mmmk.
5. Nyack’s Famous Street Fair: Looking to take in a picturesque town and get some shopping done? One of the most beloved semi-annual events in the county is back for a special summer edition on July 14. Look for arts, crafts, and great deals as you stroll amongst hundreds of exhibitors from all over the region.
Save the date! Seidenberg, in conjunction with Cyber Intelligence 4U, will be hosting a virtual cybersecurity conference on Thursday, October 29.
Cybersecurity Conference 2020
Looking to make the most of the remainder of the year? Look no further than Talent Development's training programs and online courses, which will help build your personal and professional skills to keep you moving in a positive direction.
Staff Corner: October 2020
Get the lowdown on the latest fellowship and award opportunities as we head into the final months of 2020.
Faculty Corner: October 2020