Encore’s Second Act
Pace University’s Encore Transition Program takes a new form this fall with a hybrid format that combines in-person workshops and an online component for those transitioning into their encore careers.
An encore career—meaningful work that combines personal fulfillment, continued income, and social impact—is the goal of more and more people in midlife and beyond. The newly reimagined Pace Encore Transition Program consists of three interpersonal workshops and an online component that will help you reprocess your skills for a fulfilling encore career in the nonprofit sector. Whether full- or part-time, project-based, paid or volunteer, an encore career provides the opportunity to put your talent and experience to work for the greater good in organizations that are addressing important social needs.
The Pace Encore Transition Program is a hybrid consisting of three active, interpersonal workshops combined with an online component. During the workshops you will:
- >> Participate in a discussion led by a former IBMer turned nonprofit leader about the cultural and practical differences of working in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors.
- >> Meet leaders of several nonprofit organizations who will discuss their staffing and talent needs.
- >> Learn the secrets of successful resume design and the strategy of using social media for marketing yourself and researching job opportunities.
- >> Work with a dynamic life coach who will help you identify your goals and transferable skills.
- >> Link up with leaders of pathway organizations who recruit encore talent and will describe what nonprofits look for in volunteers, staff, and board members.
- >> Discover your second act for the greater good and live a legacy by helping to solve some of our nation’s most vexing social problems.
- >> Acquire the resources to find meaningful work in nonprofit organizations that need your skills, dedication, and experience.
Join an ever-expanding network of like-minded people who are searching for their encore careers and meet and network with nonprofit leaders and recruiters, career coaches, encore role models, and leaders of the Encore Movement. Whether you are 50 or 80, still working or retired, if you are inspired by the prospect of helping others, you are ready for your encore career.
For those wishing to remain active and involved, and who have the desire to help make the world a better place, the Pace Encore Transition Program is where to begin. Workshops begin November 9. To learn more, email program director Joan Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pace professors are weighing in on the 2020 election, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and much more in this month's edition of Fit to Print.
Fit To Print: November 2020
From important Open Enrollment information to Employee Recognition, here's what's been happening on the human resources front. Stay informed!
What's Happening in HR: November 2020
On Thursday, November 19, join Pace President Marvin Krislov and Lubin Dean Lawrence Singleton as they welcome Noam Bardin, CEO of Waze and VP of Product at Google, for an illuminating conversation about innovation, tech, and much more.
A Conversation with the CEO of Waze