Do you have questions about the coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Please read the COVID -19 FAQ (PDF), updated by Cigna March 16.
- Visit Pace University’s latest updates and policies on Coronavirus.
It’s important to exercise and try to keep your mind and body as healthy as possible. Here are some resources for remote use, including LIVE classes:
Staff and Faculty - would you like to win a $30 Whole Foods gift card? You will be entered in a raffle if you walk 50K steps, or cycle 25 miles, starting every Tuesday through the following Monday. Complete this activity and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. Monday to let us know you completed the activity. No proof is necessary other than your word (and you’ll probably have a big smile to show for it).
- Embracing Optimism: Friday, December 4 at 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Join the Embracing Optimism Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 921 9762 6342 Password: 951108. Explore what influences a person to be more optimistic or pessimistic; Understand self-defeating thoughts and how to respond to them; Learn about mindfulness and how it relates to optimism; Develop strategies to embrace optimism. Join Cigna’s EAP presenter Dr. Errol Rodriguez for this half-hour session.
- Under Pressure - Managing Workplace Stress: Tuesday, December 8 at 1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Join the Under Pressure - Managing Workplace Stress Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 977 6689 6589 Password: 695535. In this session we will explore signs and sources of work stress; learn how to respond to stressors you can’t control and those you can; recognize the importance of balance in your work and personal life; discuss effective strategies for reducing stress. Join Cigna’s EAP presenter Mirta San Martin for this half-hour session.
- Tai Chi/Qigong: Thursdays, 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. Join the Tai Chi/Qigong Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 647 272 566. Please contact Inita Mix or email@example.com for the password. Originating in ancient China, Tai Chi and Qigong are some of the most effective exercises for health, combining mind and body. Join us for a moment of tranquility in your day. Gently improve muscle strength, coordination, flexibility, balance, stiffness and overall wellness through coordinated body-postures and movement, breathing and meditation. Classes are provided by Master Lynn X. Lin of Sitan Tai Chi. Master Lynn X. Lin is co-founder and Vice President of Tai Chi Qigong Association of America and Vice President of Sitan Tai Chi & Martial Arts.
We’ve partnered with Athletics to bring you LIVE remote classes, via zoom! For the zoom links, please contact JR Pouncey at firstname.lastname@example.org. You now have an opportunity to work out to recorded classes! To obtain the link to any of the recorded Athletics classes listed below, write to JR Pouncey at email@example.com.
- Bootcamp with Omar: Wednesdays and Fridays, from 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. This boot camp circuit workout works your entire body with cardio, lower body, upper body and core exercises. You won't need any equipment, which makes this the perfect workout for small spaces, travel exercise or for anyone who wants a challenging workout using their own body weight. You will be walked thru how to modify each exercise towards your fitness level so that you can have a fun and enjoyable workout! Omar Torres is an active student, Army veteran of 12 years. He's competed in numerous fitness competitions such as mixed martial arts, powerlifting, marathons and Spartan races. His various certification include kettlebells and TRX suspension training. Email Jeremy Pouncey at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
- Cardio Kickboxing with Joann: Thursdays, from 5:00 p.m.–5:45 p.m. Get ready to punch and kick. This class bring lots of sweat, fun and hard work to this workout. JoAnn Hamilton is a certified Aerobics and Zumba instructor. She has taught at Pace for over 10 years. For the link to Zoom, please contact JR Pouncey at email@example.com.
- PowerHouse with Phil: Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. For the link to Zoom, please contact JR Pouncey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Circuit/interval style training class involving bodyweight stretch, mobility and cardiovascular movements.
Phil Ryder is a strength and conditioning coach certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association and an Athletic trainer certified by the National Athletic Training Association. He has worked at Pace for 10 years in those roles with the athletic department. He is also an adjunct professor for the college of Health Professions teaching sections of Wellness and Physical Fitness.
- Toning with Joann: Wednesdays, from 5:00 p.m.–5:45 p.m. The toning class combines weights, cardio floor work, balance and combination of barre exercises that will tone your body. JoAnn Hamilton is a certified Aerobics and Zumba instructor. She has taught at Pace for over 10 years. For the link to Zoom, please contact JR Pouncey at email@example.com.
- Yoga with Ingrid: Mondays, from 1:00 p.m.–1:45 p.m. Ingrid’s approach to yoga in this setting, is breath and movement-based and informed with her deep experience in the practice with a focus on inner listening and cultivating a deeper connection to oneself through yoga asana and pranayama, (postures and breath). Health and wellness isn’t just about understanding your body better, but developing the habits and practices that will bring you the transformation you seek. Whether you want to get stronger and more flexible, learn optimal movement, or start or improve your yoga practice, Ingrid welcomes all levels and experience. Ingrid has been teaching yoga at Pace since 2002 and has been a yoga practitioner for 25 years. She is also Nutrition Counselor and Personal Trainer at Equinox. As a lover of deep learning with a myriad of certifications in her field, along with prior corporate experience and a Masters in Philosophy, she brings a unique perspective to the practice. Having learned from and practiced with renowned yogis worldwide, she imparts the teachings of the practice, including mindfulness, to enhance your health and wellbeing. For the link to zoom, please contact JR Pouncey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yoga with Lauri: Tuesdays and Fridays from 11:15 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Yoga is an ancient practice based on philosophy, mindfulness and asana work. Asanas or “poses” can also be translated as “comfortable seat” meaning that as we practice different poses they become more comfortable for our body and give us more ways to move with ease. Class will have modifications and emphasize an all-level practice and will include breath work and final relaxation. Come join! Adjunct Associate Professor Laurice (Lauri) Nemetz, MA, BC-DMT, E-RYT500, LCAT, C-IAYT is well known yoga teacher and has taught at Pace University Pleasantville for over 17 years. She is a past-President of the Yoga Teachers Association (YTA), and is a certified yoga therapist and is registered at the highest level with Yoga Alliance (YA) in addition to being an YA education provider. She has taught yoga and anatomy workshops internationally and presents regularly at conferences and other universities including Harvard Medical School and Oxford University. For the link to Zoom, please contact JR Pouncey at email@example.com.
- Meditative Yoga with Lauri – Mondays, 6:15 p.m.–7:15 p.m. Want to wind down after the first day of the work week? Join veteran yoga teacher Lauri Nemetz for a gentle and restorative yoga practice with extra time for long guided meditations, savasana (active relaxation) and more! Adjunct Associate Professor Laurice (Lauri) Nemetz, MA, BC-DMT, E-RYT500, LCAT, C-IAYT is well known yoga teacher and has taught at Pace University Pleasantville for over 17 years. She is a past-President of the Yoga Teachers Association (YTA), and is a certified yoga therapist and is registered at the highest level with Yoga Alliance (YA) in addition to being an YA education provider. She has taught yoga and anatomy workshops internationally and presents regularly at conferences and other universities including Harvard Medical School and Oxford University. For the link to Zoom, please contact JR Pouncey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zumba with Joann: Mondays from 5:00 p.m.–5:45 p.m. Joann’s Zumba class combines fun, sweat and dancing. JoAnn Hamilton is a certified Aerobics and Zumba instructor. She has taught at Pace for over 10 years. For the link to Zoom, please contact JR Pouncey at email@example.com
Online links to practice on your own time:
- Yoga: Ingrid, our yoga instructor in NY recommended this online website for yoga.
- Tai Chi: Olivia, our tai chi instructor recommended this Youtube video to practice tai chi.
TIAA has developed a single webpage to consolidate the market volatility and coronavirus details: TIAA Guiding you through turbulent times. The webinars are open to all Pace University employees and are posted in the Live Webinar Lounge.
Cigna Resources for our Cigna Plan Participants:
Please note: the federal government required all health plans to cover COVID-19 testing. This was part of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and applies to all size employers.
- Cigna is waiving customer cost-sharing for testing. Cigna is covering the COVID-19 testing at 100%.
- Cigna is waiving customer cost-sharing for office visits related to COVID-19 testing through May 31, 2020.
- Cigna is waiving customer cost-sharing for telehealth screenings for COVID-19 through May 31, 2020. This Telehealth/Virtual Care coverage includes someone calling their primary care doctor (previously this was not covered) and through our Virtual Care vendors MDLive and AmWell.
Call the EAP toll-free number at 1-877-622-4327: You do not need to be enrolled in Cigna to participate in the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). As always, the EAP is available 24/7. It provides confidential counseling to assist in solving personal, family and work-related problems as well as a resource to go to when you don't know where to go for help. Please call the EAP toll-free number at 1-877-622-4327.
Join a Cigna EAP Wellness Webcast: While feelings of anxiety are normal, they can make day-to-day life more difficult. Cigna EAP is offering several on-demand webcasts that address the impact of these challenges. These one-hour webcasts offer strategies for managing stressful thoughts and emotions. You can explore the idea of resilience and how to build yours up. Experience the practice of mindfulness – a way of gently training your mind for greater calm. And gain practical tips for being successful in a work at home environment. When you log into the Wellness Webcast portal, you can choose to attend one of these seminars, register for upcoming seminars, or attend other on-demand seminars.
Have questions, comments, or suggestions? Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pace University values the physical and emotional health and well-being of our faculty and staff and strives to promote a healthy work environment. We know that being healthy and taking care of yourself in the best way possible makes your work life more productive and satisfying.
Our wellness programs are designed to encourage all faculty and staff to live healthier lifestyles and create a culture of health throughout the campus.
Many of our wellness programs either have no cost or actually reward you in cash for participating!
- The Wellness Walking Club - Periodically, Human Resources will lead 30-45 minute walks on the Pleasantville, New York and Valhalla campuses. Please join us when you can. Wear your sneakers and bring your water, and your colleagues. Dates will be announced via email if there is a walk that week.
- NYC: No walks scheduled at this time.
- PLV: No outdoor walks scheduled at this time.
- Valhalla: No walks scheduled at this time.
- Flu Shots - Several convenient options available to Cigna participants
- Goldstein Health & Fitness Center and NY Gym Offerings - FREE: Tai Chi and Yoga classes, PLV Walking Program (indoors), NYC Boot Camp and more!
- Health & Wellness Topics and Tools
- Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies! - Get up to $150 for joining; 24/7 support and education.
- Preventive Care Incentive Program - Exciting new program for calendar year 2020!
- Smoking Cessation - Please join the Great American Smokeout in November 2020.
- Support Services at Pace
- Weight Watchers at Work Program
So, Pace Yourself to Wellness!