Spring Housing Deposits
Both new and returning students who are applying for housing for the spring semester must submit a $400 Housing Deposit (prepayment that will be applied to the first semester housing fee). Newly applying students (or students who are reapplying after having previously cancelled housing) must submit an additional $100 damage deposit with their application.
The Housing Deposit Refund Policy is as follows:
- The $100 damage deposit (less the cost of any outstanding damage charges) is refundable to all students once they have formally cancelled housing, using the Housing Cancellation Form (PDF) and they have been confirmed as moved-out of the residence hall.
- The $400 housing reservation pre-payment is handled as follows:
- There is no refund of the $400 housing reservation pre-payment for new students (newly applying first year, transfers and graduate students).
- Returning students are eligible for a refund of their $400 housing reservation pre-payment as follows:
- Returning students who cancel their housing by June 1 will receive 100% of their deposit back.
- Returning students who cancel their housing by July 1 will receive 75% of their deposit back.
- Returning students who cancel their housing by August 1 will receive 50% of their deposit back.
- Returning students who cancel their housing by September 1 will receive 25% of their deposit back.
- Returning students who cancel their housing after September 1 will not receive any refund.
Please note that a separate deposit structure exists for summer housing.