Applicants to Pace University graduate degree and certificate programs must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university if postsecondary education was completed in the United States. Applicants who are currently in their senior year at an undergraduate institution may apply for admission, but acceptance will be contingent upon receipt of a final transcript indicating all senior year grades and receipt of the bachelor's degree. Applicants who have attended institutions outside of the U.S. must hold a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree.
International applicants who hold a 3-year Bachelor's degree that is not equivalent to a U.S. 4-year Bachelor's degree, please review information and requirements.
If you are interested in taking graduate-level courses at Pace but are not ready to enroll in a full degree program, please visit our Non-Degree Applicants web page. If you are currently enrolled in a graduate program at another institution and are interested in taking courses at Pace, please visit our Visiting Applicants web page.
Below is a checklist of the documents required for a completed application:
- Our graduate applications vary by program and student type. To access the correct application, visit our Apply Today page and make your selection based on your student type.
2. Application Fee ($70, non-refundable)
- If you complete the online application you will pay the fee online with a credit card. If you are sending a print application, please enclose a check or money order made payable to Pace University.
3. Two Letters of Recommendation
- Letters should be from academic or professional references that can knowledgeably comment on your ability to successfully complete graduate study.
- Letters must be forwarded in sealed envelopes.
- Visit the Forms and Brochures page for access to printable Recommendation Forms.
- Please note that three letters of recommendation are required for the PsyD in School-Clinical Child Psychology, the PhD in Mental Health Counseling, the MSEd in School Psychology, and the MSEd in Bilingual School Psychology.
- Applicants to the MS in Human Resource Management program who are requesting a waiver of the GMAT/GRE based on work experience are required to submit one letter of recommendation from their employer verifying the dates of employment and the work performed.
- A resume or typewritten outline describing at least the past five years of your employment history and any significant community, professional, or college extracurricular activities.
- Include recognitions and achievements (e.g. licenses, publications, and awards).
5. Personal Statement
- Send a typewritten essay explaining to the Graduate Admission Committee why you would like to pursue the program of graduate study you have chosen. Additional information regarding your academic performance, as well as professional experience, may also be included in the supplement.
6. All Official Transcripts
- Transcripts from every accredited college or university attended (not just the degree granting institution) must be sent either to Pace University, directly from the academic institution electronically or by mail, or forwarded by the applicant in sealed envelopes from the academic institution.
- Academic records issued in a language other than English are required to be translated and attested to by the institution of origin or a Pace-approved translation agency accredited through the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- Transcripts are considered official only if they are sent directly to Pace University from the educational institution of origin, or forwarded by
- Applicants may send unofficial copies of all transcripts to email@example.com for the initial processing and review of your application. Please include your name and program of interest. If you are admitted, your offer is contingent upon the receipt and verification of all official printed transcripts.
- Applicants who have earned a degree or completed coursework at Pace University will not be required to submit a transcript from Pace University and are required to indicate on the application that they have attended Pace. Transcripts from all other institutions attended are required and must be submitted to be considered for admission.
7. International Students
- International applicants will need to submit TOEFL, IELTS or Pearson PTE academic scores. For more information visit our TOEFL/IELTS/Pearson PTE Requirements page.
- Citizens from the following countries are waived from the English proficiency requirement: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the British Virgin Islands, Jamaica, United Kingdom, Ireland, Antigua, Scotland, St. Lucia, Bahamas, Barbados, Trinidad/Tobago, Dominica, Grenada, Grand Cayman, Guyana, Belize, Anguilla, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua and Barbuda.
Additional Requirements: In addition, GRE/GMAT exam scores and/or pre-requisites and other application requirements may apply. Please consult the printed applications for details.
For Dyson College of Arts and Sciences applicants:
- A GRE score for the MA in Psychology is optional.
- A general GRE score, no more than five years old, is required for the MSEd in School Psychology, PsyD in School/ Clinical Child Psychology, PhD program in Clinical Psychology (Health Emphasis) and the PhD in Mental Health Counseling. While not mandated for initial admission, the Psychology subject exam may later be required of candidates in the MSEd. PhD and PsyD programs.
- MA in Media and Communication Arts applicants must submit a portfolio containing samples of their prior work (for example: press releases, advertisements, presentations, writing samples, etc.).
For Lubin School of Business applicants:
If you have a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or above for all of your undergraduate work, and you hold a bachelors degree from an accredited institution, you may be considered for admission to any MBA or MS program without submitting a GMAT or GRE score.
- If you are an MBA applicant who already holds a business-related master's or doctoral degree, you may request a waiver of the GMAT or GRE.
- If you are applying to the one year fast track MBA in Financial Management or Marketing Management, you must have a cumulative GPA of 3.30 or above, a grade of B or better for all business core courses from an AACSB-accredited U.S. business school, and a satisfactory GMAT or GRE score. Applicants with a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or above will be considered without the GMAT/GRE.
- If you are applying for the MS Financial Management, MS Financial Risk Management and MS Investment Management and have passed Level 1 of the CFA exam or Level 1 of FRM exam, you may request a waiver of the GMAT or GRE.
- If you are applying for the MS in Human Resources Management and have a minimum of three years of human resources experience in a managerial position, you may request a waiver of the GMAT or GRE. Résumé will be required supported by letters of recommendation.
- If you are applying for the MS in Taxation and are currently a CPA, CMA, or have been admitted to the bar, you may request a waiver of the GMAT or GRE.
For School of Education applicants:
- All individuals applying to the MST and MSEd in Educational Leadership - School District Business Leader applicants must submit a GRE score for admission based on a new law approved by the New York State Legislature.
The School of Education applies a holistic approach to application review in which a degree candidate's quantitative and qualitative factors are evaluated for admission eligibility. Standardized test scores will not have more significance than any other application requirements.
Testing Codes: For the GRE/GMAT/TOEFL the Testing Code for Pace's New York City Campus is 2635; for Westchester campus the code is 2685.
Mailing Address: Regardless of the campus you are applying to, materials should be sent to the Office of Graduate Admission at the following location:
Graduate Admission Office
Graduate Application Processing Center
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038
Office of Graduate Admission (NYC campus)
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038
Phone: (212) 346-1531
Office of Graduate Admission (Westchester campus)
861 Bedford Road
Pleasantville, NY 10570
Phone: (914) 422-4283
Pace University is committed to achieving full equal opportunity in all aspects of university life. Pursuant to this commitment, Pace University does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, ethnicity, marital or domestic partnership status, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or veteran status.