Startup Your Semester (NYC)
Starting with the Entrepreneurs Roundtable on February 25—an event featuring three Setter innovators on the verge of making a big splash—Pace’s Entrepreneurship Lab is gearing up for an eventful spring semester!
The Entrepreneurship Lab may not be as big a staple of your youth as the lab run by that mad cartoon genius named Dexter—but with some stellar events coming up, it may ultimately prove to be the more significant one. The eLab has quite a bit going on this semester, including:
Thursday, February 25 | 5:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m. | Aniello Bianco Room
Are you the creator of the next Instagram? Looking to upend Uber? The Entrepreneurship Roundtable is a must-attend for anyone interested in turning their dream business idea into a reality.
Two members of the roundtable—fellow Setters Scarlett Laughlin and John Harrison—were awarded $7,500 each last fall through the Ted and Pat Levine Proof of Concept Entrepreneurship Initiative, and have since made considerable strides in their respective startups. The panel will also feature Kumesh Aroomoogan, BBA ’14, a recent Pace graduate with a successful and rapidly expanding venture, and will be moderated by eLab director Bruce Bachenheimer.
In addition to the panel discussion, the roundtable will feature audience Q&A, and will conclude with a networking session.
Pace Mobile App Design Contest 4.0/Hackathon
Friday, March 11 | 9:30 a.m.–8:00 p.m. | 163 William Street, Room 344
Designed for aspiring innovators—and for people who come up with really good ideas every now and again—this event offers participants the chance to learn basic design concepts from a team of experts, who will assist in bringing your ingenious ideas to life. A panel of judges will review your potential app, and you’ll have the chance to win up to $500.
To learn more and/or to register for the Design Contest, visit www.pace.edu/adc.
Also coming up…
- Registration for the 12th Annual Pace Pitch Contest—which will be held on Thursday, April 14—is now open! More details to follow in the coming weeks.
- The eLab will be awarding an “Entrepreneurship Scholarship” to two students (one undergraduate and one graduate) who have demonstrated exceptional achievement in entrepreneurship. To apply, click here. Applications will be accepted until Monday, February 29 at 5:00 p.m.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- President's Blog
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Be a voice for suicide prevention and register for the Out of the Darkness Campus Walk to raise funds for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention on Friday, April 28. And stop by the first meeting on Monday, February 6.
Walk to Fight Suicide
You deserve a breather. Ease into the end of the semester with spa nights, a destressing seminar, a day on the beach, and more as part of 50 Days and 50 Nights.
Say Sp-ahhh (PLV)
Don’t miss an unforgettable night of entertainment, dinner, and a celebration of outstanding student leaders at the Setter Leadership Awards Gala on May 2.
A Gala to Set the Pace (NYC)