Speak Up for a Speaker
Hillary Clinton, Jackie Robinson, Gloria Steinem, Christopher Reeve. These are just a few of the unique Commencement speakers and honorary degree recipients that have addressed Pace graduates in years past. Got a suggestion or nomination for 2018? Get it in by September 15!
Although Commencement 2017 was just three months ago, it is now time to begin the nomination process for speakers and honorary degree recipients for the University's 2018 Commencement ceremonies. An honorary doctorate is one of the highest honors Pace can bestow on an individual, so it is incumbent on all of us to nominate and ultimately select recipients of true distinction.
Please consider nominating a candidate. In general, nominees fall into one or more of the following categories:
- >> A positive role model and outstanding individual who publicly demonstrates thoughtfulness and deeds worthy of honor in a regional, national, or global context;
- >> A creative writer or artist; a shaper of ideas and opinions in today's society; a significant contributor to an academic discipline; or an entrepreneur, whose voice, through any medium, is aligned with the role of higher education in today's society;
- >> An individual with professional or personal accomplishment that reflects Pace's mission of Opportunitas; or
- >> Alumni and others who have contributed to the civic, cultural, or philanthropic life of Pace or the community in a significant way.
You may review a list of previous honorees at here.
If you would like to propose a candidate who meets any one of these criteria, we encourage you to complete the nomination form.
Please note that the deadline for nominations is Friday, September 15, 2017. All nominations will be reviewed by the Honorary Degree Recipient Committee, chaired by Sue Maxam, EdD, assistant vice president for undergraduate education.
If you have any questions, please contact Sue Maxam, EdD, directly at email@example.com.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Join the Lubin School of Business for the One Day Immersion Conference in media, entertainment, and technology—featuring Chairman and CEO of Time Warner Jeff Bewkes—on Friday, October 20, in NYC.
Get Immersed (NYC)
From drag BINGO to an evening at the famed Nuyorican Poets Cafe, the LGBTQA and Social Justice Center has a sizzling series of September events.
Proud for Pride (NYC)
Relax—because the relaxation room is re-opening! Join the PLV Community for that SPActacular event and many more in the latest round of 50 Days and 50 Nights.
50/50 Cruises Onward (PLV)