Disabilities in Film Festival (NYC)
On March 23, Pace University and the Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems will host a film festival marathon featuring shorts respecting the autonomy and empowerment of people with disabilities.
Catch a fantastic film festival on campus with an important mission to celebrate those with disabilities. Back for its fifth year, Pace’s Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems and Dean for Students are celebrating and empowering those with disabilities at the annual Celebration of Individuals with Disabilities in Film on Thursday, March 23, in the Bianco Room.
This year’s disabilities film festival marathon will begin at 5:00 p.m. with a reception and opening remarks from James Lawler, DPS, chair and festival organizer and professor of disability studies and information technology at Pace; and Jonathan Hill, DPS, the festival’s distinguished guest presenter and dean of Seidenberg. Expert panelists include:
- >> Victor Calise, Commissioner at the New York City Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities
- >> Allan B. Goldstein, Senior Lecturer, New York University
- >> Maria Hodermarska, Parent and Teacher, New York University
- >> Gary Lind, Executive Director, AHRC New York City
- >> Marilyn Jaffe-Ruiz, Professor Emerita, Pace University
- >> Isaac Zablocki, Co-Founder and Director, ReelAbilities: New York Disabilities Film Festival
Celebration of Individuals with Disabilities in Film is sponsored through the Dean for Students and the outreach programs of the Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems, in partnership with AHRC New York City, an organization for helping individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities, and the ReelAbilities: New York Disabilities Film Festival.
To RSVP or reserve seating, please e-mail or call James Lawler, DPS, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 346-1013.
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Join Pace University President Marvin Krislov and the Pace Community for a special Eclipse event with Pace professors and astronomy experts from the Westchester Community.
Solar Eclipse 2017 (PLV)
The Pace Community is excited to welcome Marvin Krislov as the eighth president of Pace University. Krislov, who served for 10 years as the president of Oberlin College, began his term on August 1, 2017.
Welcome, President Krislov!
Class of 2021: Are you ready? Save the date: September 5, 2017. Join the Pace Community in welcoming the Class of 2021 at the 10th annual Convocation held on both the NYC and PLV campuses.
Come Together for Convocation