App-y And You Know It
Have an idea for a mobile app? Learn from the best and compete against the region’s top young techies.
Come on, get app-y! Have you always wanted to bring your idea for an innovative mobile app to life? Now is your chance! Registration is now open for the Third Annual #WestchesterSmart Mobile App Development Bowl, where you can learn from the best, turn your idea into a reality, and compete against the region’s top young techies.
Specifically, apps are being sought that improve an aspect of daily life for people ages 65 and older. Cash prizes, paid internships, and tech gear are all up for grabs for the winning teams.
The contest is a joint initiative of Westchester County Executive Robert P. Astorino’s Office of Economic Development and Pace University’s Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems. Last year, more than 250 students from the tristate region participated.
How It Works
- Students must compete in teams (2 person minimum). More than one team from the same school is permitted. Students may form and register independent teams without school affiliation. Students can also register as individuals, and Pace will assist them in forming a team.
- Students and team coaches will work to develop mobile apps that will be judged on creativity, functionality and usability.
- Free technical support will be offered to all participants via an online system, so no question will go unanswered for more than 24 to 48 hours.
- Teams will be invited to several contest workshops and celebrations—including a kick off pep rally, design and development workshops, and the judging and awards ceremony.
- In April, a panel of expert judges will score and determine the top mobile apps. Winners will be announced and prizes will be awarded during an event at the PLV Campus.
Kick-Off Pep Rally and Workshops
February 3, 2017
Westchester County Center, White Plains, NY
This celebratory pep rally will officially announce the commencement of the #WestchesterSmart Mobile App Development Bowl and will introduce student teams. Design and development workshops will follow.
Mobile App Testing and Assessment Workshop
March 3, 2017
Pace's PLV Campus
Student teams will present their apps to evaluators to determine the app’s effectiveness and viability. These evaluators will include content and technical experts from academia, and private and public industry.
Mobile App Judging And Awards Ceremony
April 28, 2017 (tentative)
Pace's PLV Campus
This celebratory event will recognize the contributions and efforts of all involved. It will also serve as a platform whereby judging takes place and prizes for the top teams will be announced.
To register and learn more, click here!
- Academic Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advisement
- Advising Center for Exploring Majors
- Athletics and Recreation
- Career Services
- Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)
- Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR)
- Class Schedule
- Colleges and Schools
- Computer Labs
- Dining Services
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Extended Hours for Students
- Financial AId
- Global Pathways
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Life
- ITS Help Desk
- International Students
- LGBTQA Center
- New Student IT Resources
- Office of First Year Experience
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, NYC
- Office of Student Assistance (OSA)
- Pace One Card
- PaceAlert System
- Pforzheimer Honors College
- Safety and Security
- Scholarships and Grants
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Student Development and Campus Activities (NYC)
- Student Development and Campus Activities (PLV)
- Student Grievance Procedures
- Student Handbook
- Student Health Insurance
- Student IT Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Session
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring Center
- White Pages
- Writing Center
- Emergency Notifications
- Schedule Explorer
- Textbook Lookup Utility
Pace Law is offering a free two-night LSAT boot camp on Wednesday, June 27, and Thursday, June 28, on the Law School Campus. Register today!
Summer 2018 LSAT Boot Camp
Have you ever been whale watching? On Friday, June 8, you'll get the chance to meet one of nature's most majestic creatures—and work with NYC's Whale Research and Advocacy Organization, too!
Science at Sea (NYC)
Daniella Pajonas ’19 is the co-founder and current co-president of the Queer Society, a queerleader for the LGBTQA and Social Justice Center, and an RA on the NYC Campus. With all that experience, she has plenty of advice for her fellow Setters!