- Writing Center services are made available to all current Pace University students.
- Students and faculty should be aware that the Writing Center tutors will not proofread, correct, edit, or otherwise “fix” papers. Rather, the Writing Center tutors will work with students to help them understand the elements of grammar, mechanics, and organization. The tutor’s goal is to guide the student through tutorial session and to help the student master those aspects of writing that present difficulty.
- Tutors will meet with students by appointment (NYC Campus) and on a “walk-in” basis (Pleasantville Campus & NYC Campus) when tutors are available. All online tutoring appointments must be scheduled in advance.
- Referral forms and specific policies regarding referrals will be available to faculty online; faculty and departments should feel free to contact the Writing Center should they need additional referral forms or click here to access the referral form.
- Students should come to the Writing Center only when they have adequate time to devote to working on their writing, as tutoring sessions can—and often will—last as long as an hour. Students should not expect to drop-off papers for tutors to work on; a tutoring session is an interactive session between a tutor and a student.
- The Writing Center welcomes all students, regardless of their ability level in writing. However, the Writing Center reserves the right to refuse tutoring to students in case of extreme abuse of our services (such as frequent canceling of appointments or disrespect of our staff). Our staff takes their responsibilities to the Pace community very seriously—we expect those who make use of our services to treat the Writing Center staff with the same respect.